It is done and over, my 16 Day-Fit-Challenge has come to an end. Thankfully so I must admit. Here is what I have learned, what happened....
My personal 3 goal for this Christmas (post here):
Goal 1: 12+ gym days out of 16.
Goal 2: Every 2. gym visit must include 20 minutes of cardio.
Goal 3: Every gym visit must include at least 10 squats (any type).
How many days did I end up going?
I hit 12 out of 16. Not bad but could have been better.
After 16 days, what have I learned?
1. I still enjoy going to the gym!
2. I am not a fan of cardio...at all! (Those 20 minutes can feel like 20 hours.)
3. I need a better source for more music to add to my iPod.
4. I need more gym clothes!
5. I need to stretch more, especially my hip flexers.
6. Squats never seem to get easier.
7. I should consider becoming a gym instructor. (When people start asking you where things are and how they work...you know you should consider a career switch.)
8. There is no such thing as "boring" once you free yourself from the idea that there are only so many exercises. Be creative (search Instagram) and start your own exercise program!
9. Don't ever do a challenge while packing and moving.
10. That awkward moment in the gym locker when you're trying to take a gym selfie and people come in....
- The hardest part, to be honest is simply time management. I chose this particular time frame because I am in the middle of a move and my gym membership here was running out. But really, if you have ever moved, you know there will be chaos, stress and never enough time.
- If you are like me, working a desk job during the week, you know how hard it can be to get those muscles moving. It kinda feels like my flexibility gets worse every week and every time I stretch, I have to start all over again. Something I am going to work on in 2015.
Right, so I have my personal fitness goals set for 2015. Flexibility and strength. What about you? Any goals coming to your mind?